How to Register


Register at James lyng

Parents who are interested in registering their child(ren) at our school should call our school Guidance Counselor for information about eligibility and programs.  At this time, you may also make arrangements for a school visit.  James Lyng High School also registers new students throughout the school year, however, acceptance depends on classroom availability.

Certificate of Eligibility

In order to qualify for English Instruction in Quebec Public Schools, students must meet certain eligibility criteria under the Charter of the French Language as set out by the Quebec government.

For more information on the Charter of the French Language, or to apply for a certificate of eligibility, please visit the registration information section of the EMSB Website at:

All applications for the Certificate of Eligibility for Secondary students must be done at the English Montreal School Board Administration Building.

International Families

James Lyng High School welcomes students and their families to Canada from all over the world. Families living Quebec on a temporary basis (work or school visa) can be eligible to send their children to an English public school.

For More information on the application process for international students, please click on the link for the English Montreal School Board's international student information below:

What do I bring?

Long Version Birth Certificate (both parents' names)
Certificate of Eligibility for English Education
Proof of residence (required if not born in Quebec)
Child's most recent report card
Completed Registration Form

Registration Forms

Please complete the registration form and submit it electronically to our school Guidance Counsellor.

JLHS Registration Form

Interactive Registration Form

Uploaded: 2013-06-30